Thursday 6 February 2014

CAMPUS DIVAS GET READY FOR BEAUTY CONTEST



Female students at Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) are gearing up for the chase to be crowned Miss Mmust.  
Meeting daily at the Main catering unit (MCU) the ladies have been practicing hard to perfect their move for the big moment on the runway.
Speaking to the contestants on Tuesday Nipashenipashike learnt that the competition is high this year. Something which the ladies clearly know but they are not letting  any excuse take away the chance to be the next miss Mmust, despite it being the first time for many of them.
 “I know it won’t be easy but I believe in myself, I have what it takes and I am going for the crown no matter what”, says Catherine Wanjiru a second year Disaster management student. Who is taking to the runway for their first time.

To some it’s time to take a break from busy class hours and do what they love most. “I love modeling and this is my opportunity to gain experience and take a break from busy academic schedules” says Deborah Chisongoch, a portrait model taking her third year of study in journalism and mass communication.
Marion Magusu

In the wake of things freshmen are not letting the chance pass by; they have a diva to cheer on during the pageant. Miss Marion Mugusu, a first year Bachelor of Science student is the face to watch. Having four more years to contest and with a high school record of participating in such a competition, she has nothing to lose but have fun as she clearly puts it.
“I am looking forward to a stiff competition. Now that there are so many pretty girls I included. However not everyone can be a winner, if I win well and good but if I don’t it’s just a competition and a winner is a winner. I am going out there to gain experience and have fun.” She said.




And as the old adage goes, charity begins at home. This is the perfect moment for those who have a passion for modeling but have never had the chance. It is in the same wisdom that Sophy Abubakar has opted to put her best foot forward.
“I have always been in love with modeling, it’s my passion unfortunately I have never been given a chance but here I am giving it a start.” She said adding that however it is a stiff competition she will not disappoint her colleagues in Public relations and creative advertising.


The beauty pageants which include Miss Jumbo for plus size divas and Mr. and Miss Mmust will be the climax of a five days Cultural festival ongoing in the campus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT